Stop Smoking Hypnosis – Denver
At Turning Point Hypnosis in Denver, I want to make sure you have the information you need to make an informed decision about quitting smoking. The decision to stop smoking is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make.
Study Finds Smokers Are Ill-informed
Written By Maria Esposito Published July 16, 2008 FoxNews.com
Since 1964, 29 surgeon generals have issued reports on the dangers of tobacco use, calling it the single most avoidable cause of disease, disability and death in the United States.
Despite these efforts to educate the public, the 2007 Smoker Misperceptions survey reveals there are significant differences between what smokers believe are the risks associated with smoking and the realities of tobacco-related disease and death.
Researchers from the American Legacy Foundation and GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare examined the responses of 900 adult men and women smokers in the U.S. who smoke cigarettes every day. The “average” respondent in the survey was 48 years old, started smoking at the age of 16 and currently smokes 20 cigarettes — one pack — per day.
Some of the data gathered from the survey indicates how ill-informed smokers are:
- Sixty-six percent didn’t know that their chance of developing lung cancer was greater than that of a non-smoker.
- Forty percent incorrectly believed that developing lung cancer depends primarily on genes, not on behaviors like smoking.
- Eight percent didn’t know that smoking has been proven to cause blindness.
- Ten percent didn’t know that smoking has been proven to cause hair loss.
- Twenty-six percent didn’t know that smoking has been proven to cause impotence.
- Thirty-three percent mistakenly thought that they could reverse the harmful effects of smoking by exercising and taking vitamins.
Stop Smoking Hypnosis Denver – You Know Quitting By Yourself Does Not Work, Don’t You?
Isn’t it time to get the support you need… because you know that quitting by yourself does not work!
Turning Point Stop Smoking Hypnosis in Denver makes it easy… let me make easy for you all you have to do is pick up the phone, make an appointment for your FREE screening and keep that appointment. From that moment on your smoking problem is solved.